Friday, June 18, 2010

No News is Good News

I called the OB office yesterday to find out about my results. And good news, I am immune. So sometime in my life, probably as a child I have had Fifth Disease. That is all I needed to hear. Like the saying goes, No news is good news, was true.
My second OB appt. went great. I didn't gain any weight, even though I am showing. My blood pressure was good 100/64. The doctor explained how in his 13 years of practice that he has had only 1 case of a mother getting Fifth Disease while pregnant and that complications did occur with the baby. But what usually happens is that we have had this sometime in our childhood years. He said my blood work looked good. I did ask him about him not being able to go the bathroom. My bowels just really don't want to work properly and are giving me trouble. He told me this is a common problem and that some cases are more severe than others. He has even had to put some women in the hospital because it gets so bad. He told me to take a colace twice a day everyday and I can use a Fleet laxative only if I really can't go. I also need to drink plenty of fluids. And see if this helps. I sure hope it does. As gross and embarassing as is it is to talk about bowel problems I am glad I did and now just hope all this helps.
The hips have been pretty quiet but this week they have really felt more unstable and my right has been slightly wanting to give out more. It isn't eye popping but it makes me feel unsure about it. The right one also was bothering me a bit painwise. It didn't last long or wasn't severe so I was thankful for that. I have been feeling lefty grind. It doesn't hurt. Otherwise they aren't bad. It is all tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment