Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Laid to Rest

On Monday 2/18/2013 my angel baby Michael Sophia was laid to rest.  It was very windy and very chilly.  It was hard to place the remains in the container along with the small knit blanket and note I wrote to my baby.  I also placed a medal of  the Guardian Angel on one side with St. Michael the Archangel on the other in the container then sprinkled fresh rose petals in the container.  Then the lid was closed.

Father began to read.  And I just began to shake and felt the tears.  But towards the end two huge gusts of wind came and I knew the Holy Spirit was present as was my angel baby that I now feel was a boy.  I couldn't help but smile as I knew.  It was powerful for me.  My angel baby knew that this was the peace I needed. 

I had written a seperate letter for family.  But waited to read it until we were indoors sitting down waiting for our lunch since it was so windy and chilly outside.   I got up and stood next to my dad as he was in the middle and I thought that then all could hear.  I knew I would cry but I really choked up and cried.  Dusty offered to read it but this is what I needed to do.  I wrote this and needed to do this to bring myself that closure and healing.

My Michael Sophia you were loved from the beginning.  From the positive pregnancy test, I had my dreams for you.  I looked to the moment to feel you move, to labor and then embrace you in my arms.  To hold you, love you, look at you, and praise God for blessing me with a tiny new soul to guide and love.

But now mommy cries.  Yes God had a plan.  And yes for a short time I did get to dream but God's plan was a bit different then mine.  I did labor.  I labored for 3.5 weeks then had to let you go. So on Tuesday 12/11/12 I let go and tried to catch you but missed so yes I reached into the toiliet to grab you and hold you.  I looked at you.  And in one second, in one breath that we take my soul was filled with everything.

But today (2/18/2013) I laid you to rest for closure to have the proper buriel you and I both know you needed for mommy to find the peace and closure.  You will always be a breathe away.  But I will never forget.  Never. 

A mother's heart loves all her blessings from God---their children, whether here on earth or in Heaven. 

I love you Michael Sophia. 

I made this sack to hold Michael Sophia






 

Everything placed in the container. 




2 comments:

  1. Rest in peace, little Michael Sophia. Prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erin. Your prayers are felt. They carry me through the day. Tuesday was a let down day for me. I was impatient with my tasks for the day.

    ReplyDelete