Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ruffled Scarves Galore and More

I love to keep my hands busy with crafts.  And lately it has been to make these beautiful ruffled scarves.  They are just so pretty when made up.  When I buy it and it is all twisted up in the ball all I see is the colors but when it is all made up I really see just how pretty the colors lay and twist around and around.  Kinda fascinating to watch it come together. 

I also have been working on fingerless gloves for all ages.  I am trying out a new pattern right now and ordered another one to try.  I really liked the basic one but I just wanted a bit of a better fit around the palm/fingers.  So I am experimenting with these.  But they too are really fun as the all the yarn that is available to pick from just lets my imagination run free.  The endless possibilities of combinations.  Awww just so much fun.

I am also trying to find a really cute boy knit pattern to make but really haven't been as successful.  I have the yarn but still in search for that right pattern.  When I find it I will know.  It will be an ah-ha moment this is it.  But until then I can make a set of fingerless gloves to match up with this hat I am still looking for.  Girls are easier to create but I must make for boys too.

But my biggest project is to work on remembering my angel baby. I finally have started to think it out.  I really just let my heart guide me on this one.  If it feels right then that is what I am going to do.  It isn't to please any one but myself.  It is to help bring me peace and comfort.  This is something that I am still struggling with is finding that closure.  With prayer, God has guided me in the direction I believe is going to help bring that closure I need.  And I don't mean closure as in to forget but to find that deeper peace of healing.  I have been wanting to make a rosary bracelet in the colors of brown, green and pearl to wear as a memory of my angel baby that I never met.  It is just something that I feel would be healing to me too.  To look down at that beautiful bracelet with the cruxifix and Mary medal would just remind that I have an angel always looking and down on me, bringing my prayers to the Almighty or comforting me in my times of sorrow or rejoicing in my joyous times.  But whatever the circumstance I would have piece to wear as this to was my child I had only for such a short while and never met.  But I am struggling trying to find someone who would make a rosary bracelet. 

With all this crafting I have opened an etsy shop.  You can google dotsnstripesbykatie and it will pop up and just click on the link which should direct you right to my shop.  Or go to etsy and search dotsnstripesbykatie. 

Through my tears my soul sheds, I know that I am never alone.  God is ALWAYS there.  His graces and mercies fill my soul with all that I will ever need.  But I will never cease to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment