Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sonogram

Today was the sonogram. Did we find out? No. It is currently sealed in an envelope. So I guess if the urge just gets to be too much then perhaps the seal will be broken. But at this point, I like not knowing. I know many were disappointed in us not finding out but the joy of "It's a girl." or "It's a boy." at delivery is a thrill to look forward too. I know it doesn't make shopping or preparing ahead of time easy but to me that is ok at this point.
This ultrasound was a bit interesting. The baby first of all was, could we say limber to say the least. At one point the baby had its knees up to its mouth. It liked being in a bunched up ball. The baby had its chin to its chest and the legs drawn up to itself. The tech had some trouble getting pictures of the heart and cord. But some how she must have managed to get what she needed for the radiolist doctor to look at. It wasn't easy. They baby is also currently breech. Thank goodness the baby still has more time to flip around and get in position- head down. All the others have always been head down so that was different to have the head up. From all the measurements that the tech took of the head, tummy, and femur, it showed the baby to weigh about 10 ounces and be about a week ahead of schedule. Some doctors I know change the due date, I hope my new one doesn't and leaves it at 12/3. Otherwise it would be 11/28. I go on Monday July 12th to the doctor and we will go over the sono. results. So I have to wait to see what he has to say.
Then on July 13th, Dusty and I go for our first Bradley Childbirth Class. I really want to go natural and have wanted to do these classes since our first. But with our first I was too far along. They like you to be in your 5th month. So with our first and second I just took Lamaze. I did go natural with out first. But with the rest epidurals for various reasons. But Dusty has alot of love for me to do these classes with me which are 12 weeks long and the first class falls when the All Star Game is. That is some love there. And I truly am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I am one of those that wants to know what you're having!!! :) But I understand the thrill too. How exciting! But I hope the baby turns soon...how interesting that it's breech...with the history of dysplasia running in your family let's hope that the breech positioning doesn't happen for long!
    Let me know how the doctor's appt goes on Monday. xoxox

    ReplyDelete