Friday, November 12, 2010

How Time Flies

It seems just like yesterday I had my PAO surgery scheduled and then was canceling the date because we were expecting. And now we are 2-3 weeks away from having our precious little blessing. Time really does fly by.
Overall, my hips have held up through the pregnancy. If this is just a taste of what I will feel after recovering from surgery then yes it will be well worth it to go through with it. I must admit that the pregnancy hormones have been in overdrive with the emotions I have been having about surgery. It is scary to think about what will actually be done. Of course surgery alone is scary. The fear of the unknown is what it is. Once you do it you then go on to recover. It is just getting to the BIG day. But that is true with anything in life.
I thought before we have this baby that I need to get into touch with the doctor again to see if I will need new xrays/MRI and if I can schedule about 4 months out. I can officially check this off my list now. Hubby and I accomplished it this week. And Dr. Millis was very quick in responding back. He did mention that there are closer doctors but that him and Dr. Kim do have the most experience. He does want to have another consultation and at that time get new xrays and MRI since back in March I was already showing signs of having arthitis. He just wants to make sure that a PAO is still an option. And at the every end he wanted to "when" I was looking at for the consultation and that surgery could be scheduled out about 5 weeks out from that. I told him a consultation in Jan./Feb. would be good and surgery in March/April. I did talk with my OB about when he thought would be good after having a baby to have surgery. He thought March if everything is going well.
Having a baby and planning surgery-wow what a lot to think about. But in the end I do get the best of both worlds, a baby first and then surgery. It wasn't planned this way but I do believe that things happen for a reason and they aren't always understood. We just need to be accepting.

No comments:

Post a Comment