Tuesday, March 24, 2015

New Spring Clothes

With where I am at in my life currently, clothes shopping can be a challenge.  I am not really a jeans lover and never have been.  They just feel really heavy on and just don't seem to ever fit me right.  So I just stick to pants with elastic waist bands.  I was hesitant to buy a pair of yoga capris as I just felt like I would feel self conscience in them.  But I finally decided to just go for it when my husband won a gift card on black Friday.  And all I can say is they really are amazing.  They give and yet define and I am not talking about the rear but I feel like since I am petite that they don't swallow me up.

But then came the issue with finding tops.  I am still breastfeeding the youngest one.  Yes for some 15 months may be too much.  Each to their own.  So instead of negative thoughts I really encourage something positive because as this is my choice it always wonderful to hear something good.  Anyway a little sidetracked there but back on subject.  There are some really beautiful tops out there. Problem is I don't like it clung to me or I don't want to fight with my shirt when I am trying to nurse Theodore.  But I also don't want to look frumpy which is what I was beginning to feel like.  I have some tops that are really soft but just don't accentuate my body type currently.  It was beginning to become a chore and all I was in search of was a couple of tops for everyday that made me feel good about myself.  I needed some color in the day to day wardrobe.  

Because I haven't lost the baby weight like I have managed to do with the previous 6 kids.  I am about 20 pounds over.  And again I know to some that isn't huge but again I am not tall so I just feel short and pudgy.  It finally came to me that what I was looking for was all wrong.  I was needing buttons and a lightweight material in the form of a high/low style.  So I ventured into Marshall's about a month ago.  I saw a button down top with colorful little flower print and thought I would give it a go.  I absolutely loved it!  The colors are bright and cheerful.  The buttons make it easy to nurse in.  It is a high low top so I like it with my yoga capris.  It just makes me feel good!

I decided last week to go back and see if I could find anything else.  And I came across 3 more different colors of button down, lightweight high low tops.  Just loving them all!  They are modest and yet what I need that fits where I am at currently.

The first picture is me in the peachy orange.  I really loved the lace.  And the buttons are flowers.  Just felt like me.  I wasn't sure about the blue and pale blush colored on with my skin and hair color but I paired it with a necklace and once again really liked it.








No comments:

Post a Comment