Thursday, February 3, 2011

Best Friends...Not

Yes that is what cold weather and achiness are. But they aren't my best friends. Unfortunately I guess they missed me and thought they needed to make a house call. They have now extended their welcome call and can now GO. Yes LEAVE! My left hip is so very achy. The tylenol and advil just aren't touching the ache. I even gave in and called my pcp. But since I am breastfeeding I didn't expect much. The nurse told me to take 2 ibuprofen. I am and it doesn't even dull the ache. Standing and just doing the dishes HURTS. Sitting HURTS. How is one pain medication going to hurt? They give percocet or lortab for the after birth pains breastfeeding or not. Doesn't make sense. Oh well.
I did take a bath. Ah a bath does help but only why I am in there. I tried to sneak in quietly. But Emma heard the water running and told me that her shirt was wet and she needed to change it. I told it didn't look wet to me but ok go change her shirt. She then proceeded to tell me she wet her pants. I told her again those didn't look wet but to gut undressed and get in the tub with me. I knew all long what her sneaky little plan was. Crazy 4 year old. Creative though. And a loving sister to. She couldn't leave Paylynn out so she told her to come take a bath too. Ahh the joys of motherhood. I must have been dirty though. They kept scrubbing my back. And when I told them that I was getting out, they insisted on one more scrubby.
Edgar has been fussy these past few days. He is cat napping during the day. He also is fussying at his feedings. At least is just occuring during the day. He is getting baptized this Saturday evening. I need to finish his gown. I guess if I don't I will just buy something. Not as meaningful though.
Yesterday I bought me some new tennis shoes. That was such a wonderful relief. My feet expanded or something because I needed the next size up. I just love them and they feel so much better. They are black white and pink. I shop in the kids department. Women's just don't come small enough. That is ok by me. I like the kids anyway.
The kids did have two snow days this week! It was nice to have them home. The house definitely looks like it too.I made to do list so it will get done. I like crossing things off. It makes me feel like I accomplish things. I also managed to unclog our bathroom sink and order a cake for Saturday. Now I just need to get the house clean. So here is hoping for a good day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment