Monday, February 14, 2011

Shhhh...Sleepy Time

Shhhhh....Emma, Paylynn, and Edgar are all sleeping at the same time. Grandma Beverly is picking up Brady and Hannah from school. Dusty will get Arianna from Little Flowers. What a blessing. I really needed this today.
I have been feeling a bit on edge. Not a good thing either. It makes me eat everything in site. Thank goodness I am breastfeeding. I can share my extra portions with my little buddy. Mostly everyday I wake up and know what needs to be done. Problem is it isn't getting done. I am finding myself parked in the chair feeding the baby. So then a 30 minute cleanup turns into 2 hours. Oh well. I need not stress over it. It isn't going anywhere. As the poem goes...

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan,
Poison the moth,
Hang out the washing,
And butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the Mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue, (lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due (pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo)
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew,
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo.
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't her eyes the most beautiful hue? (lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up,
As I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

When I read this poem, it made me tearful to think just how true it is. So yes the clothes can wait and the dishes too. Because today I'm feeding my little baby Edgar and playing with the girls. It did mean no clean bowls so we ate soup out of mugs but it tasted just as good and it was a fun twist for the girls. I did get the dishes finished up and dishwasher started up. I also washed up our sheets and a load of clothes from upstairs. Now I just need to venture down the stairs and do the big kids clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment