Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Catching up

It has been awhile since I last posted. Oops! But I will admit I have been busy. The kids started back to school in the middle of August. Emma wanted to jump start her preschool. I find it easier to just homeschool preschool. It worked out well with Hannah. We actually say " let's fill our brains" when it is time to sit down and learn. She is a fast learner!
Since starting school comes along all the extra activites---Little Flowers, Boy Scouts, Soccer practice and games. Nothing too much there ;)
I have scheduled my RPAO for Monday 11/7. But to add a bit of a twist my oldest daughter Arianna will be having her left hip corrected. As suspected she was diagnosed with hip dysplasia but instead of waiting for pain to occur, as suggested by the ortho doctor here, Dr. Millis had the idea of doing our surgeries together. So I scheduled her left hip to be done for Friday 11/4.
I have been talking to her about this since I had my first surgery. I have explained many things of what to expect. She seems to be ok with it all. Unlike me who was scared of the unknown.
I took her to Hobby Lobby and let her pick out fabric for her crutch pad covers and we will bring them with us to put on the crutches. For her birthday she got a wheelchair for her American Girl doll.
I have been busy these last couple of months organizing the house. I have donated 3 bags of clothes and 2 bags of toys! The family room downstairs is finally set up and functionable! Before it was just full of boxes and toys. I seperated out the toys and grouped together so it would make for easy cleanup. Still much to do but overall hubby should be able to keep the house up.
I was able to schedule my 2 pints of blood donation. At first they weren't sure if I could donate since I was underweight this time. I have lost some more of the baby weight but it put me under the recommended weight by just a little bit. But by the end of the day I was able to schedule both donations. The first will be Wednesday 10/12 and then the second Wednesday 10/19.
We will be ordering out plane tickets very soon. Arianna and I will be flying together on Wednesday 11/2 and Dusty will fly out on that Sunday. To make it easier on me, we will leave from Kansas City and directly fly into Boston, so no switching!

No comments:

Post a Comment