Monday, June 11, 2012

Chicago 2012


Just this past weekend, I was in Chicago with Dusty and our two oldest kids.

Friday was spent driving.  We did stop in KC to shop.  Which was a good thing because I went off and forgot my skirt that I was planning on wearing Saturday.  Brady found a lego and Arianna had her American Girl doll hair fixed and her doll ears pierced. 

Saturday we did sleep in a little bit.  That was nice!  We walked around Navy Pier.  We rode the ferris wheel that lets you see Chicago Downtown.  I was hesitant to ride because I have a fear of heights.  I thought taking pictures would help.  Nope.  I began to feel sick and sweaty as we got higher.  I finally just closed my eyes and grabbed the metal bars.  I told Dusty to tell me when we were headed down.  The higher we got the windier it became.  That didn't help me.  Once I heard the words "we are on way down" was a HUGE relief. 


Ferris Wheel


Arianna and Myself

Dusty and Brady
After that we walked around the Pier.  I wanted my picture taken with the small lighthouse I saw. 

The sun was in my eyes.  I really was happy.
Before we left Brady and Arianna wanted to ride the swings. 



After the Peir, we drove to the beach to see Lake Michigan.  That was fun too.

Later that night we went to see Brad Paisley in concert.  This was lots of fun.  I have decided that most country songs sing about beer and having a good time so perhaps beer is the answer to life.  Ok probably not but why not.

We got back to the hotel after 1:00am.  We wanted to be on the road at 4am to get back for Brady's scout mass but decided that we would still make it if we left at 430am.  With only three stops we didn't make it in time.  I guess we cut it too close and didn't succeed.  Just one of those decisions that we tried to do everything but in the end we couldn't do it all. 

The trip was short but full of fun.  Definitely was exhauted when we got home but it was all worth it just to have FUN!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment