Friday, June 29, 2012

What?!

I am human.  I feel love, joy, hurt, pain, saddness.  And it is okay to experience and express my feelings.  But it is not okay to just bottle them away. 

Yesterday I received a statement from my health insurance.  And I looked at it briefly over and realized I owe $84.oo.  Nothing was covered for my followup nerve pain.  So I read more into it and realized it wasn't covered because the doctor office filed the claim as mental health/substance abuse.  I was under the impression that my followup in June was for my nerve pain and to make sure the medicine prescribed was working.  But apparently it wasn't for that. 

I called my doctor office to see who I could talk to about this.  They gave me the billing number since they no longer deal with that.  I told the lady on the phone what I went in for back in May and that I was only assuming my followup in June was for the left thigh nerve pain.  But I was so wrong.  The diagnosis was for Major Depressive Bipolar Disorder as my treatment in June.  What the hell?!?!  All because I cry when I ask how my surgery went and how I am doing now, I am now mental.  Absolutely angers me that I am not able to express my emotions.  Where my life was going presurgery to what I have been given from the surgery is more then I could ever put into words.  My life is a beautiful piece of work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment