Sunday, May 23, 2010

Don't Want That Again

On Thursday May 13th, I was getting Emma our from the bathtub. I steeped back with my left leg to give me more stability but instead it gave out on me. It hurt so bad at the time and was more then just eye popping pain, I let out an "OWWWW." I also put Emma back into the tub because...
1.) It hurt really bad
and
2.) I felt like I might actually fall if I held on to her.
This is the worst I have ever experienced this. I have always been able to stabilize myself no big deal but this time I didn't think I was going to be able to. It scared me. And I am not the vocal one when I am pain. I hold it in so for me that also was a first. But when it does this it just catches me off guard and BAM just like that your eyes pop open wider and then most times it is gone or rapidly decreases. Now sometimes the pain will linger but there is no gradual onset or warning, it just hits suddenly.
This happened since. Well I mean to this severity it hasn't. I have been able to cope with it. Somedays they feel very unstable and like they aren't going to support me. I feel like the wrong move or step will set it off. I feel like I walk with caution those days but those days so far have been tolerable besides feeling like I am walking on ice. But the days when it is unexpected is what gets me and that tends to be the eye popping BAM! What bothers me is that I can't control or know when it is going to happen or how bad it will be until the moment it is happening.
I have also noticed that on the unstable days, it is hard to hold the younger two while standing. I feel like I am going to collapse. I know that this could be from the pregnancy hormone that relaxes all the joints.
Dusty has been great and very understanding. He helps me as much as he can when he gets home from work. I understand that he is tired but what he does for me is very much taken to heart and dearly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. I sure hope that won't be the norm, Katie! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, girl! I know what you mean with the whole eye popping thing instead of being verbal...that's me too. Had a few days of the left and right giving out simultaneously on me and that's when I yelled out loud. It's frustrating and kinda creepy the way it feels. Big hugs, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard when you want more kids and your heads saying fix your hips and your heart saying I want more kids! I want a 3rd and completely understand, hope the relaxing doesn't play too many tricks on your body! Good luck and ps have you joined the facebook "hip blogs (FAI,PAO,THR)" site yet, I'm trying to get up all good blogs and yours covering pregnancy with hip issues also could be super helpful to people.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey luv!! I'm so sorry to hear about them acting up again!! :( I've been thinking alot about you!! I can't post on Hip Chicks while i'm at work, and by the time I get home I have had so much stuff going on this month that I don't have time..... but things have calmed down a bit, so I hope to be more active on HC again..... I would love for you to come to chicago! that would be so much fun!! Oh! I know you're not big on computer stuff, but I think you should join Facebook :) Tons of us have it! If you can blog you can totally facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete