Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Hips and My Kids....Hmmmmm

The past few days have been really hard on me, ok probably the whole week. First my right hip and leg has really been putting up a fight. It was really bad at the start of the week but has calmed since. Even the left was acting up. I have also been feeling the giving out more and with it comes this new feeling of them being unstable, even if I am just standing. It feels as if they aren't going to hold me that they are really loose and wobbly in there. I don't really know how to describe thise feeling. I know that sounds like giving out but it isn't that. They feel like they aren't going to hold me. I think it might be due to the relaxin that is released during pregnancy. And maybe what could be happening is that the joints are loosening up and giving me this new feeling of being unstable and wobbliness.
I have also been battling the morning sickness but it isn't anything new except that right now it is winning. Yesterday I was unable to keep down breakfast and lunch. So I finally gave in called the doctor and left a message with his murse. Who called back within 15 minutes. She said she would call out dissolvable zofran 8mg. She told me that it works better than the pill form, which is what I was currently taking. She then asked if the zofran was even working. I told that it ssems to work when I take it in the morning and afternoon but by evening I am really fighting to keep down whatever I eat and find myself lying on the couch. And she said that she would call at some phenergan also. So I was instructed to take a zofran in the morning and a phenergan at night. The phenergan wiped me out last night. And I felt the effect into today. I like the dissolvable form because if I get sick no pill comes back up, it is already gone. But they are pricey little things. For 30 it runs over $200 so thank goodness for insurance to help pick up most of that cost.
Yesterday as I was getting sick in come Emma and Paylynn. They came right up to the toilet and were watching mommy get sick. They kept trying to reach their hands in what was coming up and out. I kept batting their hands away. I couldn't say much because that part was a little tied up. They never got the point and I had to keep shooing their curious hands away. Then Emma had to look up into mouth and see how I was getting sick. I guess it really fascinated her because later that night, while I was laying in the recliner I heard her back in the bathroom spitting and gag and then flush the toilet. I told Dusty that Emma was back there trying to get sick like mommy.
My hips and my kids...hmmmm never a dull moment.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Katie, definately never a dull moment! How funny (maybe not) that your daughters were trying to mimic mommy getting sick. Strange how kids think. Sorry to hear that your hips have that funny, loose feeling. Hopefully it is just a feeling and will not actually cause you to fall. That wouldn't be good for the baby! I sure hope that your morning sickness (all day sickness!?!) goes away soon!!!! I think of you often and hope the days go by smoothly for you. Big hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete