Saturday, April 24, 2010

Not Much Here

For the past couple of days, the morning sickness has really gotten to me. I have been struggling to keep down even a simple cracker. I have found myself on the couch or recliner. And that means the house and laundry have all been put on the back burner. I tried pepperment tea and that hit rock bottom to come and it the toilet bottom. It has been rough and I really debated on going into the ER for an IV but I just didn't know. ER visits can be very pricey and all they tell you is to drink your fluids. Ok they would have hydrated by IV and given me medications through the IV also. But I decided not to and to wait it out.
Dusty had off today, so he cleaned the house and did laundry. He even cleaned our room, which has been neglected and not even put on the list to do. Well just not now. He ran the sweeper and loaded the dishwasher for me. I tried to help but ended up back on the couch for a little snooze. Ok more like because I was going to pass out if I didn't lay down. I felt really weak and dizzy. I just didn't feel good. After I rested for a bit, I sat up and wanted. And I stress WANTED some crunchy veggies to eat. So I ate some which tasted good but then started to upset my tummy so I hurriedly took my zofran and laid back down. I wasn't going to let it come back up. It was successful nothing came back up.
I have also managed to keep down fruit. My mom also had fixed a big dinner for my sister's birthday. And I was able to eat a little bit and keep it down. I also kept sucking on mints, one after another. Maybe that helped too. But whatever it was, I am thankful that it stayed down.
On the way home, I started thinking, because this week we were to be in Boston having surgery. But I started to think how I might not be able to schedule the surgery. I will probably need new xrays, which I hope I can get done here and sent to him. Or if I can schedule surgery then maybe during preop we can get xrays then. But questions about scheduling started to come up. I know it is a ways off but hey with 5 kids and another on the way I like to have an idea of what to plan for. I do hope that I can go ahead and schedule the surgery without having to have xrays done first. I will have to call Renee, his surgery coordinator or at least email in the fall to ask her.
My hips have been much better then I ever expected. They do give out on occassions but just on occassions. Of course it hurts but doesn't leave me in pain. It has crossed my mind that since they aren't bothering me am I doing more harm to them. I mean when they hurt before I would take it easy. But now that they aren't bothering me, I guess I just worry that I might be damaging them more. Of course, since I have been battling the morning sickness and laying around that I am not moving around much. So perhaps I am not doing harm to them.
By the way, the kids helped their daddy out by cleaning up the living room and their rooms. Now they are being rewarded by watching Toy Story 2. They are such cute movies. Even the the one year old loves to watch and it keeps her attention. I can't wait for the 3rd movie. It will make for a great family treat.

1 comment:

  1. aww katie.... I'm so sorry you're so sick
    :( I don't know how you feel, but i can sympathize because my sister has really bad pregnancys.... they usually take the babies early because she gets toxemia... she too has to be on medicine from the start to keep her from throwing up... she usually has to go to the hospital three times a week for 5 hours to get hydrated... its awful! She has 4 kids... if she didn't have such rough pregnancys she would have more....... but I am SOOO glad that your hips are seeming to behave a little better than expected!! Let's hope that keeps up!! Hang in there girly, you're doing great!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete