Monday, March 14, 2011

Now What

So I get a phone call from Dusty today. He tells me he received an email from Renee, the surgery coordinator. She needs a fax number where she can send the orders to the place I will be donating blood. The only place I could think of was the American Red Cross. So I looked it up on my phone. Oh yes I got the call on my way to get the kids from school. Anyway I looked it up on my phone while waiting for the kids. I called and the lady on the other end was very polite. She told me I would need to talk to someone at the Blood Center but that they have a different phone number. She gave me that. I called the Blood Center. The lady who answered wasn't sure if they could ship my blood so she placed me on hold and directed me somewhere else. As things go no one picked up but the answering machine. I left my name, number, and a message. Then I proceeded to call my primary care doctor. The receptionists was RUDE!!! She had no clue what I was trying to ask and the more I tried to explain the more I became scattered brain and flustered which then she finally ever so rudely said she would have the nurse call me back because she had no idea what I was wanting, needing, or trying to get across. I was apalled at how RUDE people can be. I was holding back the tears. You take away an hour of sleep and I am nothing but I complete mess- an emotional, cry fest today. So her attitude just throw me off the cliff. I then called Renee herself because obviously I live in the no mans land where people hear hip surgery and think Hip Replacement=Quick Recovery. But she wasn't at her desk or maybe gone. So I left my name and number and message.
I then called my mom and just burst into tears. I couldn't stop crying. And here I am at school falling apart. The naproxen doesn't work. I refuse to call back and ask for something different. My left just aches like none other. I just want to be pain free for a few weeks before sugery. I would like to be able to get stuff done before I have surgery and on crutches.
As I pulling into the garage the nurse from my doctors office calls me back. And wasn't sure where I donate blood either. She said that maybe I could just donate it when we are out there for my preop in April. Donating 3 units of blood seems very unlikely to me. It is just so hard to explain this to others. They really don't get it. They don't understand why naproxen or ibuprofen doesn't work. That didn't help me much.
My anxiety level has shot threw the roof. I have been such an emotional mess.
I will call around tomorrow. And look up information tonight on an actual computer and my phone where everything is little itty bitty.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you had to experienced all this! It's appalling how rude and obnoxious healthcare professionals can be..they act as if they are all high and mighty!

    Going off of what I have been told by Dr. Kim's surgical coordinator (which is most likely the same as Dr. Millis), you have to donate through the American Red Cross-it's the only thing they will accept. And YES they absolutely can have it sent to Children's! They do it ALL the time. The order form that Renee will fax will tell them exactly where to send it! It's pretty standard so they shouldn't give you any trouble about it!

    Feel better and I hope everything gets sorted out soon!

    ReplyDelete