Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 5

Another week has gone by and I am still crutchin'! Some of the spark is hidden from tears but that is ok. There are going to be rough patches with emotions too. And for me, it has been this week with the emotions. Not really sure why but I did have a few break downs of just feeling "alone".
But as too any cloudy day there will also be some sun.
I did go to see Dr. Buhr here in town. I was to see him earlier but he was booked and we decided(ok Dusty talked to the nurse back when we first got home) that since I wouldn't need xrays until 4 weeks that we could just schedule an appt for then. Well he was out of town that week so we ended up scheduling for the following week. It was really no big deal. I was excited to see how things were going. My appt was for Wednesday June 1, 2011. We got their 15 minutes late. I picked Dusty up from work and he gave me instructions how to get there. Only problem he led me to where we had taken my daughter. Oops. But we were close to the highway so I turned the car around and went a little further east.
They had me stop by xray first. And there they did 3 set of xrays. By the way xray tables are really uncomfortable. We then waited for awhile before being called back. In the room, the nurse asked me questions. Then she asked if I still take my pain meds. I told her just 1/2 in the morning and occasionally a 1/2 in the evening depending on what I did during the day. She asked if I took Advil or Aleve for the pain. I told her no and didn't think I could since I was on lovenox injections. And she said no I couldn't. But I told her all the meds I was given and what I take and how often. After she was done, we did some more waiting. When Dr. Buhr entered the room he said to me "So you found your way to Boston." He then said how Dr. Millis had sent him lots of notes and detailed followup orders of what he wanted. So Dr. Buhr looked at my xrays and asked if they positioned me like this or like that. I said no, no, and yes. He said it sounded like they didn't follow orders so he would send me back and explain to the xray tech that they needed to do the set the Dr. ordered.
Dr. Buhr showed me my first set of xrays and what he thought could be new bone growth. He did me tell that since I am petite and young that he wouldn't see a problem with bone growth. He also seemed very impressed that I went through with the surgery. I am not sure if he has actually seen one or not. But he did tell me that he was to send the xrays off Dr. Millis for him to view and get back to him about what to do next. So I have to wait a bit longer.
The second set of xrays were more uncomfortable. I was tilted to my left side and in the process I pulled a butt muscle. So afterwards I had pain the butt literally.
Dusty's aunt and cousins came down for the week to help with laundry, dishes, and the kids. For me it was a blessing and HUGE help. I can do all this but for me it takes a really long time to accomplish the everyday usuals. And sadly I would get far behind.
My Personal Goals
  • Did wear Edgar to carry him out to the living room but was uncomfortable
  • Went into 2 stores all by myself
  • Xrays
  • Experimented with 1 Crutch

No comments:

Post a Comment