Wednesday, June 29, 2011

2nd Xrays

Today I had my 2nd post-op appt and 2nd set of XRays! But still no word from Dr. Millis about increasing my weight bearing or starting physical therapy. Dr. Buhr said he would put a call in and see if we can't get some PT going. He thought the XRays looked really good. He also asked if I was still doing the toe touch weight bearing. I was honest and told him that I think it is more weight. I will get to crutching and not even think about it and when I do I it is like oops. It isn't like I am doing it on purpose. And then he asked if I have tried walking without the crutches. I told the truth but not the entire truth. I just told him that this week I have walked from the fridge to get the milk to the counter. He chuckled. But that is about the distance that I do without the crutches. Ok I have gone a bit further (kitchen to bedroom) but I am not alone. It just was easier to get some things done. Dr. Buhr did tell me that the toe touch weight bearing is so the bone doesn't shift. He does think that I could do more but wants to wait for word from Dr. Millis.
I have been good and using my crutches today because yesterday I was lectured by my loving hubby on this. He was expressing his concern about not letting my hip heal and how we didn't travel to Boston to get my hip fixed just so I could damage it more by doing what I feel even it doesn't hurt. So until I get the ok to do more, I still have to be good and follow orders! Humph.
Yesterday I also had a meltdown over mayonaisse. For some reason food seems to throw me over the edge. I just want to do more but just haven't been given the ok. I feel like I am ready for the next step but I just need the orders. I can only get so much done in a day on 2 crutches and my house is really starting show it. And I am just feeling so frustrated and a bit down.

2 comments:

  1. Awww I wish I could give you a hug too and just come over and sit and laugh and cry over nothing and everything too! "Mayo meltdown", haha, isn't it crazy what will set you off?? I wish you'd hear from Millis soon! I know you're ready to do more and keeping up a house on 2 crutches isn't easy, but you're doing it!! You're amazing and lots of love to you hip sis! xoxoit and laugh and cry over nothing and everything too! "Mayo meltdown", haha, isn't it crazy what will set you off?? I wish you'd hear from Millis soon! I know you're ready to do more and keeping up a house on 2 crutches isn't easy, but you're doing it!! You're amazing and lots of love to you hip sis! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marcie! I know you understand. I should explain the mayo meltdown, you will laugh even more. Dusty had brought some deli meat home so we could make sandwiches for lunches the next day. But he didn't tell me so it was a bit of surprise and I broke down because we were out of mayo and the sandwich just wouldn't taste the same without it. And yes it would be great to hear from Dr. Millis.

    ReplyDelete