Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beware of the Gimp

With limited weight bearing on the left and horrible right hip pain, I am losing this battle currently. My right hip is causing my back to hurt. And moving around is a clown act for me. Talk about gimpiness! I would win that award for sure. I can hardly move with the right hip being so painful.
It is leaving me in a foul mood. I need a sign that says "Beware of the Gimp!"
One thing that really has been getting to me is when others take my problem and have to out do it! Now I am not by any means out for sympathy but some understanding would be nice. And no not the typical "you are young, you will heal fast." But someone who listens to what I am saying. Like one of my hip sisters put it, we aren't terminally ill but we do have a life altering hip problem. It isn't a hip replacement. This is major surgery. And bone was broken, therefore recovering does include allowing for the bone to heal.
I do not regret one bit my decision to have this surgery. Actually having my right hip acting up really awakes me to just how I was living my life before surgery and how my life would have continually gotten progressively worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment