Friday, July 29, 2011

Week 12 Vacation

This has been the best and most interesting week.
I scheduled my 12 week followup in Boston. The appointment was scheduled for Tuesday July 26th. Instead of flying we drove and took half of the crew with us. Originally the entire family was going to come with us and we would take the time to enjoy some history! But Dusty's mom took the week off and wanted to keep Hannah, Emma, and Paylynn. It was a very nice trip. I will break it up into 2 posts...1.)About vacation 2.)About the follow-up
We left Saturday afternoon after Dusty got off work and showered. Everything was packed and ready to go into the car. The 3 girls going with grandma were packed and by the door. The 3 girls left shortly before we left. We were on the road by 445pm with a 23 hour car ride ahead. We did stop for about an hour at a rest stop around 4am in Ohio. A little rest of the eyes was better then none. I did drive for a little bit. Ohio and Pennsylvania were long states to drive through.
The goal for Sunday was to make it to the Statue of Liberty and drive through New York City to see Times Square and maybe stay in a hotel and walk around. Well we did make it too the Statue of Liberty at 5pm Eastern time. It was amazing to see her! Our next stop was to head over to NYC. We took the Holland Tunnel. Our GPS said it should take 11 minutes and I said in a perfect world yes with no traffic but this is NYC with lots of traffic. And in my opinion just trying to pass through the tunnel was a mess. There was 6 lanes to start which then spread into 8 lanes to pay the toll but only 4 were cash only then after the toll it went down to 2! And yes it is bumper to bumper honking cars. Definitely not my style. Dusty fit in well though. Once we passed through the tunnel I was ready to turn back around. There are so many people. The kids couldn't believe all the people that walk and all the traffic. I couldn't either. Movies don't do the city justice. We did see Times Square but we changed our mind about walking and staying there. I said we can save that for another time. So then came the challenge of deciding where we would stay. All I know is I wanted a shower, I felt stinky. We drove through Connecticut, which was beautiful. But not their gas prices $4.23-$4.69 was the range. We didn't need gas but that would have been a lot $$$. Actually gas wasn't too bad $3.69-$3.75 in the other states. We did end up staying in Hartford, Connecticut at a Holiday Inn Express.
Monday we headed to Boston. We did a duck boat ride and shopping! The duck boat ride was a lot of fun and very educational! It was good to get to spend a day enjoying Boston. I honestly wouldn't mind taking more vacations here. Of course the shopping was fun too. Brady got to go to his Lego store and Arianna her American Girl store. Both were in awww. And for a treat the Cheesecake Factory. We stayed at the Best Western Inn at Longwood so we could just walk to the appointment the next day. We did do a lot of walking and my right did act up but my left did great.
Tuesday was appointment day. I was excited to show the kids where mommy had her surgery. Brady, especially, asked me lots of question. We ate some breakfast from the cafeteria and then proceeded to my appointment. Along the way Brady said that if he ever needed to go to a hospital he wanted to come here. Smart child I have. I won't blog much about my appointment in this post but will in the next one. It was a long day. My appointment was at 1045 am and we left CHB (Children's Hospital Boston) at 330pm. Afterwards we grabbed some lunch and headed off to Atlantic City in New Jersey. We stayed at Harrah's.
Wednesday we had plans to go to the beach but I was really sore from PT(physical therapy). So no beach. Bummer too for today was also Brady's 1oth birthday!!! I just didn't think I could crutch in the sand. Instead we went shopping at the Disney outlet store and walked around a little bit before heading off to Phillie to see a baseball game Phillies vs. Giants. We were cheering for the Giants. My husband has been growing his beard since the winter and looks like one of their pitchers, Brian Wilson. Some of even thought he was. Some wanted a picture of my lovely husband and his beard, some even wanted a picture of him. It was too funny, all the attention he received from his beard. We were even caught on tape twice! Even though, we didn't get to the beach it was a really fun day. We stayed at the Marriot in downtown Philly.
Thursday we were up early 530am so we could be on the road by 630am. It was sad how fast the time went by. But I was ready to see the 3 we left behind. When we hit Missouri, we drove so we could see the Arches. They were really big. We also decided that we just wanted to get home and to keep on going. We arrived home and pulled into our garage at 208am. My bed and sheets were greeted with much welcome.
New York
Duck boat ride (Boston)
 SFGiant FamilyPhilly vs. Giants game


No comments:

Post a Comment