Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 4

This week I had a bump in the road.
It was an emotional and physically hard week. I had trouble with muscle stiffness and soreness. But the pain medication was making me sick--literally. I finally ended up cutting it in half. That helped and still was giving me relief to get through the day and try to get things done.
The kids last day of school was Thursday. They were out at 11:00 am. This was also Dusty's last day before officially returning back to work. So I called the babysitter and we picked her from school. She watched the girls and Edgar while Dusty, myself, and Brady went to see the Pirates of the Carribean movie in the Imax theater. It was really good. I did get a butt spasm. That is another thing that was happening frequently this week. I did have to take a Valium Wednesday for this but it makes me feel so druggy and sleepy. So I only take when needed. I did notice that on the bottle it said to take one 4 times daily for 21 days. Oops I wasn't doing that.
I have also had a really hard time giving my lovenox injections to myself. I have had to have Dusty give me some of them. The medication does burn. I am finally down to my last box so that is good.
Friday and Saturday I was home by myself with all the kids. It was interesting. Saturday I was a bit emotional. I was having trouble keeping up. But I did manage to get all the laundry done. I was very tired after that. I also had some sore hands and wrists too. I moved all day and didn't sit until around 2pm that day. So I was tired and did nap for a little bit.
I do find the screws bothersome too! The three little ones seem to know the spot too. Edgar does kick as he is feeding. I do have numbness which at times it itchy but when I scratch it doesn't help. It is weird. I do still like to ice the incision site and muscle. Heat does feel good too. I also have been removing some of the steri-strips. They were itchy too and then starting to hurt. So I removed one at a time and talk about relief. Not sure if I am to do this but it has felt good. I do have about 5 left on the lower part of the incision. Maybe I will leave them on until my first follow up appt on Wednesday.
My Personal Goals
  • Able to get myself dressed completely. I still need the occasional help putting on my sock and shoe. (Depends on the muscle stiffness)
  • I drove the car!
  • Went to church
  • Sleeping with only one pillow under my leg
  • Can lay on my right side

No comments:

Post a Comment