Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Surgery Day 0

On Sunday night I did manage tp get some sleep. But I had two dreams. The first was that the surgery was cancelled and they would call me when there was an opening. Sad no one called me back. The second dream was that the little ones kept getting into my suitcase and taking out my nursing cover up.
We did get up at 5 am. I showered and just wore what I had on the previous day. No point in dirtying clothes that I would just be out of in a couple of hours. I did dry my hair. Packed up our bags and had them stowed and the Bestrn Western Inn at Longwood, where he stayed.
We then began the short walk to Children's Hospital Boston.
Once there we checked in at the Preop clinic. A nurse called me back, took a set of vitals, and had me leave a urine sample to make sure of no posibilitu of pregnance. Standard for female patients over 12 years old. I then was given a hospital bracelet.
A volunteer took three of us at a time to the preop holding area. There I as given a gown to change into. I did get a warm blanket. Anesthesia came to discuss about the epidural and being inder general. He then started my first IV so they could give me some medication to relax. But only after a met with the Dr. Mills and his fellow. He initialed my leg with EN.

I then was wheeled back and an epidural was put into place. Once it was placed they laid me down and put a mask over and then I out.Then did start two more IV's for blood. They did give me back one unit back in the OR-
When I was back in recovery, I did get sick so they gave me lots of anti-emetics. After that they put a patch behind my ear. That worked the best. Then I was brought to my room. I did need zofran one more time. And a valium to help with the muscle pain.


Add caption



                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment