Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 1

Not too much. I just really rested and battled the itchies. That is absolutely no fun. But I was nubain to help which it did help!
I ate two things of jello, orange and strawberry. I was given a sponge bath. That felt so nice. My sheets were also changed. Ahhh clean sheets felt really good too especially since I have been sweaty.
Physical therapy came to do some basic exercises I can do while laying in bed. Point my toes to and from me. Tighten my upper leg muscles and then tighten my butt muscles.

My added form of PT---helps so I can pull myself up.
I did start to feel uncomfortable. I couldn't tell what was causing it since I ace bandaged up. I though it could be the incision it self. My night nurse did give me two Tylenol to take which helped out a lot. I was given Valium to help relax the muscles. I also like the ice pack on the site and my back.
I am also to use this breathing apperatis. The goal is to get all three blus balls to raise. At first I could only do the light blue one. But by late evening I was able to lift the medium blue slightly.
Dr. Millis stopped by in the morning and then again in the evening. He told me that he would call my mom back home and give her an update. He said told her that I was doing great and that i would most likely be getting out of bed by Thursday. That just made my mom's day. She even mentioned it on facebook and so did I. Dad was impressed too when mom told him. Dr. Millis is very caring and wants what is best for his patients.
So far I have been pleased with all the staff.
Dusty even went to see a Red Sox baseball game. I just told him to make sure i was comfortable before he left. And when he got back he rubbed some rubbing alcohol on my back to help with the sweaty itchiness.

Red Sox game

No comments:

Post a Comment