Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 3

Thursday
At 6am the night nurse came in to turn off the epidural and start me on pain medications. I am given oxycontin twice a day. And then for any breakthrough pain I can get ocycodone.
I did have my O2 monitor removed, along with the heart monitor tabs. A few hours later pain control team came to remove the epidural. That felt so good because my back was itchy and sweaty. I also had my foley catheter removed! I wasn't so sure how the first time would be go on my own since I had the foley in place surgery day. It went great because an hour later, I had to use a bedpan and ahhhh that felt so good. It was easy. I also had my IV fluids stopped since I was able to go on my own.
I did get to meet two hip chicks today. The first was Jill. She has had both her hips done. She is currently 6 weeks out and she managed to get out of her wheelchair and walk over to my bed to get a picture. She does have should surgery. So if you are reading this please say prayers that she does really good.

Jill and Me

 I also met Arpine and she brough me a good bag. It was so wonderful to see these ladies that I have talked to through yahoo hipwomen and hipchicks.

Arpine and Me
PT did get me out of bed. But right before they came i felt so sick to my stomach. I did get some IV zofran and a new patch to go behind my ear. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to sitting in a chair. I did get a shower though. That felt so good to wash my hair and shave my underarms.
Anesthesia did tell me that I may get a bit puffy from the fluids they pump into you. It really seemed to go to my feet. But boy i have had to use the bedpan quite frequently. I like for Dusty to help place it under me. When I have to go I have to go. Dusty has been a great sport about it. Even when I ask for the bedpan with in 5 minutes. It would be easier if I could just pop right out of bed. I will there in a little while.
Just wheel me over the toilet for it does have a toilet seat opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment