Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 5

Saturday!
I did stairs with PT today. I was going to go for round two but was just so exhausted and not feeling very good. She said we would go again tomorrow. I was fine by that.
Nurse Kathy kept giving me poop pills to take. It started out with the usual colace and miralax. But that wasn't having any results so she gave me two biscodyl pills to take along with two rounds of milk of mag (YUCK!). She was giving me until 2pm to have a bowel movement. And I was given orders by her to walk in my room and the halls to hopefully stimulate the bowels. So I did.
At around 2pm no result but Dr. Millis had come to my rescue and wheeled me down to get an xray. For some reason when it came to getting on the xray table I had pain when moving my leg but it was in my knee, not hip. Dr. Millis told me to relax and that I would feel better so I did feeling very hesitant about it but he was right. The xray was taken and I got back in the wheel chair and had to face what was coming next.
Suppository time! And Nurse Kathy was there ready to go. Once placed she told me to wait at least 10 minutes. As it got closer to 10 minutes I was getting a little worried I wasn't feeling any urge to go. I really didn't want an enema. So at 10 minutes I got out of bed and headed for the bathroom maybe that would be enough. And it was!
But that night I was up three times. It kind of had a domino effect and got the bowels going. And when I had to go I had to go. And yes even though I was slow at getting around, I made it every time. So I must say I definitely met the having a bowel movement successfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment