Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 2

Sunday I ventured out for the first time. To target we went. I was wheeled around by Brady and Hannah. I was never wheeled into anyone. Whew. We also left the temporary handicap sticker behind so no handicap parking. But it was all good. We still ended up getting front row parking.
Monday we went to Walmart. I used a motorized for the first time ever. It took just a little bit getting used to. Paylynn and Emma loved it. They sat on my good leg but only one at a time. Paylynn sat there like a good girl. Emma on the other hand was ready to go and drive that scooter. I did feel a bit awkward.
Tuesday night Arianna had her second band concert. The fifth graders have really improved since the start of the school year.
Wednesday we went out for breakfast at Jimmy's Egg. Yum! Then we went to Micheal's craft store. I crutched around the entire store. I thought moving around more would help stimulate my bowels. I don't want to take my stool softener or biscodyl tablets anymore. The biscodyl makes my tummy upset and gives me horrible cramping. I also rode along to get the kids from school. When we got home, I crutched down to the mail box with Brady to get the mail. I must say that all the movement did work! It was an uncomfortable one but at least that was motivation for me to get my rear in gear. Well at least to start moving around more.
Saturday we celebrated Hannah's birthday with family. We cooked hamburgers, hotdogs, and brats on the grill. I wasn't much help with cleaning up the house. Thank you hubby you did wonderful at cleaning and cooking! I love you! My seat was already staked out---the recliner. I had my boppy and heating pad and read pillow all set up. I just explained to family that the recliner is the easiest chair for me to get comfortable in. And they all were very understanding.
My Personal Goals
  • Venture outside!
  • Go for a car ride
  • Able to left my own leg up and over the tub wall
  • Go downstairs

No comments:

Post a Comment