Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 4

Friday!
Busy Busy day. But that is a good thing. I still do get a wave of nausea. And I was given zofran thru the IV one time. I also have a patch behind my ear that helps with that too. I am still not very hungry. So not like me one bit because I love food. But I think it is from having surgery and the pain medications that I am given. My favorite combonation of drugs are 2 Tylenol and 1 Oxycodone. Not too much and not too little but just right.

I did get out of bed and took another shower. That just feels so good to wash up and shave under my arms and put deodorant and brush my teeth. It is so refreshing. I then sat in a recliner chair until PT came and took me down to practice walking the parrallel bars. That was different because I tell my leg to move and it won't so PT had to encourgae it along. But as I worked my back I was able to use my toes and creep my foot very slowly ahead of me. It was a very slow process but I made it back to my wheel chair and sat down. PT returned me to my room. Again I just wanted to sit in the chair. It just felt nice to be out of the bed that I had been in since surgery.

Chair

I did order chicken and noodle soup for lunch and ate most of it. But the waves of nausea interfere with really wanting to eat a whole lot right now. I was told by Kathy, my nurse, that I need to drink, drink, drink otherwise she would hook me back up to the IV since I am nursing a baby.

I did a get a new nurse later in the afternoon, Chris. He is absolutely amazing!!! All my nurses have been great. I was to do PT again at 345pm so he offered some pain meds to take. Which I decided would probably be a good idea so I took 1 oxycodone and 2 Tylenol. PT came and wheeled me back to there room. This time instead of using the bars I used crutches. It was a little more challening at first because I was still doing this toe crawling thing to move my foot forward. But when I turned around to come all of a sudden I was able to slide the foot. YEA! I did sit in the wheel chair for a little bit to get a little rest. But I crutched back to my room and they followed me with the wheelchair in case I did get tired. But I made it. I again chose to sit back in the chair. Thank goodness I did because it made it easier to go to the bathroom, which is something I have been doing frequently. So I feel that I well hydrated. Dusty does help me to the bathroom and helps me get back.

Crutching

I do notice that my left feels stable. It doesn't feel like it is living on the edge anymore.
Dr. Millis came in and said that I am doing such a wonderful job that I might get dismissed tomorrow. I still need to poop, which he said they can give me a supportory if I don't go and I need to pass PT stair climbing.
I am just blessed to be taken care of well. Everyone has been just so wonderful.


1 comment:

  1. Chris really is amazing! Love him! Glad you are making progress. Hope each day gets easier

    ReplyDelete