Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 2 Arianna

Sunday 11/6

Dr. Millis came in and cut off the ace bandage wrap. And removed the drain. He also wiped the steri strips with betadyne before covering with gauze and then a tegaderm waterproof dressing. He even scratched her belly because it gets itchy with the ace wrap and once removed it feels good to have it scratched!

When Dusty entered the room, Arianna's face lit with joy to see her dad, her best friend as he likes to think. But even for me it was sooooo good to see him!

We all talked and Arianna told her daddy that I was a hippo. So now I have a nickname of being a hippo...hmmm kids.

I ordered Arianna her dinner and then Dusty and I left to go eat but my tummy wasn't feeling too good. After dinner we walked back to the hospital to get my bag. I said good night to Arianna and then Dusty and I walked back to the hotel. I just stayed in the hotel and Dusty stayed with Arianna. Once again I didn't sleep well. I just missed my sleeping partner. We weren't even intimate, which could have helped to relax. But honestly I wasn't nervous this time. I knew I was in such wonderful experienced hands.

I did call my mom because I was in tears not really knowing why. I was able to fall asleep but once again only until 4am.

No comments:

Post a Comment