Sunday, December 4, 2011

Home Week 2-3

I was discharged on Saturday 11/12 as was Arianna. This began my emotional whirlwind. I got into some dumb argument with Dusty. I then became upset because what I had packed to wear home just wasn't comfortable so I changed my clothes. This put me in tears and made me angry all at the same time. Which Dusty was busy packing everything up so he didn't really want to be dealing with me. And that made me say some hurtful words. Honestly I don't remember what I said.

The flight home was a direct flight into KC. I made sure I was medicated. All was going well into mid flight when I started to hurt and the hurt started to increase. I asked Dusty if it was time for another pain med. He said no I had 2 more hours! I couldn't believe it. I said well can I take 1 since I had only 1. He said no the prescription was written to take 1 every 4 hours as needed for pain. I told Dusty I was given 2 in the hospital. He said no since the script said 1. I could write Dr. Millis when we got home and get permission first. Well all I can say is that made for a long trip back home. A long trip that didn't end so well.

So I just tried to do anything to escape the hurt and pain for the next 2 hours. Finally 2 hours was up and I immediately took another 1 but by then it was playing catchup so the 1 gave some relief but not enough to sustain me for the 2.5 hour car ride home. Once we got home, Dusty's dad and step mom arrived at our house about 10-15 minutes after we got inside. I changed into my pjs. And as I was coming down the hall I was in tears from the pain. This was NOT how I wanted people to see me. His stepmom gave me hug and they took off so we could get settled down for the night. I did email Dr. Millis. He called me back and said I could take 2 every 4 hours and if needed 2 every 3 hours.

With that I was able to finally get caught back up on the managing the hurt. But my mood was so poor and I was saying such hurtful words that Sunday morning Dusty gave me orders that I was staying in bed. Well my parents came over to see us and as my mom made her way back to our room Dusty told her sternly that I was not to be disturbed. It upset my mom. So now she is staying away from helping me out. She calls but in the late afternoon when I am typically napping. And then other family members haven't called either.

All this has caused such a spiral whirlwind downhill of emotions. Emotions that I didn't have this bad with the left hip surgery. I have just been feeling so alone and down. I am frustrated with myself because I still need to take my pain medication about every 5-5.5 hours.

My pain medication has also been making me really sick. So at the follow up with Dr. Buhr I told him and he switched me to lortab. Dr. Buhr still wants to keep both Arianna and I on 1/6th weight bearing and limited activity until our next appt.

No comments:

Post a Comment