Monday, January 17, 2011

Bedtime Thoughts

As I lay in bed tonight, I think to myself about the surgery. I ask myself if I really can do this. It is such a major surgery and the recovery process is long. Can I be strong enough, I sure hope so. Having surgery is scary to me. And right now I am having one of those thoughts of doubt. I don't know how I will do or what I will feel when I wake up afterwards. I don't know how long it will take to be back to normal. So yes it is a lot but I do know that I am a strong person. I will have my ups and downs, fears and worries, but I know with much needed support that I can get through this. There will more than likely be days that I will doubt and then be days of bravery. But what I need most is faith and trust in myself and in God. And everything else will fall into place and work out.

1 comment:

  1. You can do this Katie! It really is so much scarier before hand, not knowing. Once you're on the other side it all just falls into place and you'll realize, it's not so bad. Not to mention you've got one of the BEST docs working on you!! :) You'll question yourself the first few days home, I promise you that, but suddenly it'll hit you and you'll realize, "yup, I could do this again! Bring it!" You're the super woman:)

    ReplyDelete