Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Surgery Date

April 29th is my surgery date. It will be at Children's Boston Hospital.
I go for a preop and MRI on April 19th.
After a week of much debate on which date to pick from we finally decided on 3/18. But unfortunately dates don't stay around long and that wasn't availabe any more or was the 4/11.
This works out for the best. It gives a bit more time for me to pump. Edgar will be a little bit older by then. Plus the kids will only have a month left of school. And the weather will be warmer.
It will be here before I know it. In the meantime, I can think of some projects that I can work on to keep me busy, such as making Edgar's baptismal gown, and the girls Easter dresses.
It is good to have a date set but a bit scary too. I just need to stay positive and tell myself I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Katie, you CAN do this!! :) I'm so happy you have a date now. And really, it will be here sooner than you expect. You've been so brave through everything....look at how fast time has gone since you originally scheduled your surgery, to when you found out you were pregnant, to now having Edgar!! It seems like just a few weeks ago you were telling me about your surgery date and it's been over a year....crazy!! Anyway, big hugs, try not to be too worried/scared. Anticipation before hand is the worst bit of it...not knowing. Once you're on the other side, it's "easy". And it won't make the 2nd one seem nearly as scary, other than the fact that you'll dread knowing what you know;-) Actually, now that I've been through both my PAO and SDD, when i have to have the 2nd PAO I am not at all scared of it or anticipating of it now b/c I know what's going to happen and what to expect. The pain is nothing to worry about...it's very manageable. And you're in SUPER hands with Dr. Millis:) So that's a huge plus right there!
    xoxoxo M

    ReplyDelete